Monday, October 12, 2009

What A Ride

What a ride Friday was – ups, downs, excitement, disappointment, and 1 WTH moment!
  • Up - Yay Finally Friday
  • Down – Feeling a little irritable and snapping at a co-worker
  • Up – received an email from Colleen and she picked me up a bag of Tootsie Pop Drops!
  • Excitement – listened to Dori Monson one on one with the Nuns – knew the answer to his question and called in to win Seahawks tickets – looking for caller 9 – phone rang!
  • Disappointment – You are caller 3! Got a busy signal when I tried to call back.
  • Excitement – The Ron and Don Show are giving away a pair of tickets too!
  • Disappointment – their contest was a montage of movie sports speeches and you needed to know the name of the movie and the actor.
  • Excitement – they posted the montage and you had a half an hour before calling in. So I listened to it again and typed the first parts of each speech in to Google and was able to get the movie and actor!
  • Disappointment – Hello you’re caller 1. You’re Caller 4. You’re Caller 7.
  • Excitement – Hold Please!!! I think I won!!
  • Disappointment – Thank you but we have our winner. This means I was after caller 9 and whoever was caller 9 had the correct answer.
  • WTH – I was walking to the bus after work and as I came to the crosswalk at 4th and Pine I heard a loud crashing noise. I looked up and on the other side of Pine Street was a person smashing a hand held cart on wheels onto the sidewalk and breaking it in to small pieces. She was saying something very loudly at the same time but I couldn’t understand her. Now I had to make a decision – cross the street and walk by this person or stay on my side and walk up to the next crosswalk which is right by the McDonalds on 3rd that is known for being a gang hangout – There are usually a couple cops hanging around there Friday nights. I decided to cross the street and give this person a wide berth and walk on by.


Saturday –

  • Up - Muppet had a grooming appointment at 8am. I dropped her off and went to Starbucks to read. I finished the new Dan Brown book The Lost Symbol. Very very good!! Well worth the 4 year wait!!
  • Down – WSU lost yet again.

Sunday –

  • Up – Seahawks won!! They not only won – they buried Jacksonville!
  • Down – My Fantasy Football team sucks! My rookie year is not going well.

Monday –

  • No ups yet – while I was getting ready this morning Muppet had a small seizure. It has thrown my whole schedule off. Sometimes I wish we had a reset button we could push when the day doesn’t start out like we would like.

De

No comments: