Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fantasy Football or a Nightmare!

Being a fan does not necessarily translate into being a great owner! I love football . . . . I am a crappy owner! On paper my Fantasy Team looks pretty good – in actuality my team pretty much sucks! I am on a 4 game losing streak – my record is 1 – 5 – I am in last place.

I second guess the moves I’m going to make. Week 5 my top QB – Drew Brees – was on a Bye week. My back-up QB was Matt Hasselbeck who was coming off of a rib injury. I thought – man, he hasn’t played for 2 weeks – he’s still not 100% - I probably shouldn’t take a chance – so I got rid of him and brought in a new back-up. Who knew that Matt would have an absolutely incredible game!!! Bam – Bam – Bam – that’s me banging my head against the wall.

So – week 6 I got rid of my back-up QB and brought back Matt. Now I needed to decide who I was going to play – Drew or Matt. I went back and forth – posted on FB that I needed help. When I went to bed Saturday night I had Drew Brees in to play. When I woke up Sunday I benched Drew and started Matt. OMG!!!! Who knew he could go from being great to being crap in just one week!!

I was playing my sister’s team – Team Moose (my team is Scooby Gang – refer back to Buffy). I lost 77 – 138. I left 140 points on my bench!! My bench beat her team!! Drew would have given me 59 points!! But NO – I went with Matt who gave me -2 points! That’s right – negative 2!!

Will I be able to climb out of this Losing Streak! I play Lindsay’s Team – Shorkie Attack this coming Sunday. Do I play Drew or Matt? Whomever I bench – they will be the one to have a breakout game!!

Almost half-way through the season – will I be able to stop the bleeding? I just want the season to be over.

De

4 comments:

Colleen said...

always play drew brees. Thank you for changing :-)

Tony said...

We've all been through what you're going through...that's why fantasy football is so fun and so frustrating at the same time...btw...I was 1-5 last year at this time. I led the league in points scored and was still in last place.

P.S. Get rid of Matt and play Brees the rest of the way

Lindsay said...

you are going down woman!! i need to keep winning to try to make it to the playoffs!

Lindsay said...

PS Play Hassleback