Monday, September 28, 2009

Mail Call . . . Bunk 5!!

You know - when I was little I used to love getting the mail. The excitement of seeing if there was anything with your name on it. These days - not so much - the items with my name on it are usually bills and the items with L's name on it are just trouble/drama.

Tonight the mail held yet another letter addressed to her from the Washington State Dept of Licensing. When these come with my name on it it's usually to remind me to renew my license or tabs - when they come for L it usually means she's gotten in trouble yet again. Now - I don't know if this notification is related to the one that was received last week or if this is a whole nother batch of trouble. It is letting her know that on 11-09-09 at 12:01 am her driving privilege will be suspended - must be related to the same issue because that's the same date and time as the last notification. This one is because the court was notified that she failed to respond, appear, pay, or comply with the terms of the citation below. The citation was listed as being dated 07-30-2009 and the Reason for Citation is listed as TITLE 46 VIOLATION - I tried googling this and just got a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo speak and couldn't figure out what it was for. The citation says for her to contact the Issaquah Courts - so i'm not sure what this one is for. My options are (and it is so sad that there are multiple options)
  • This is related to the DUI that was referenced in the notice received last week.
  • This is related to the ticket she got back in Mar/April - that was then assigned a court date that she didn't show up for.
  • This is a whole different issue and has nothing to do with the first two items.

She has had her drivers license for less than 2 years now and has had more citations than me - knock on wood - in fact - I've been driving for 29 years and I have never gotten a ticket - KNOCK ON WOOD!!

I guess this is all a moot point right now considering she sold her car for $100!! She won't be driving anything for awhile.

De

No comments: