Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sissy Is Here!

My sissy is in town.  She flew in last night from Texas.  She is running in the Ragnar Relay this weekend.  It is a team relay race that covers 190 miles - Blaine down to Langley.  I will not be joining her on this crazy adventure - I will be hanging out at home!  She will join up with her friend tomorrow morning - I am dropping her off at Starbucks so she can get her caffeine fix!  There are 12 runners on each team and they each run 3 legs of the race.  Her first leg should be around 430 tomorrow night - next leg at 1230 Saturday morning - last leg at 830 Saturday morning!  The leg at 1230 she will be running through Mt Vernon up by our parent's house on some roads she ran on a couple years ago when she was up her for part of the summer.  Good thing seeing as it will be dark and cold and the middle of the night - she can just run with her eyes closed.

Last night when she got in we went to Red Robin for dinner - sat out on the deck.  I thought it was a little warm and she thought it felt wonderful!  Today we went in to Seattle to do some shopping - she dressed in 4 layers!!!!  I went in a t-shirt and my capris!  When we were leaving she was like "Aren't you going to bring a coat?"  Uh . . . .why would I need a coat - it's nice out there!  We went to Pacific Place where she got some shorts at Lululemon then we looked at the Seahawk store then it was off to Nordstroms - they are having their Semi-Annual sale!  Then we went to the new Husky Central store - walked down to Pike Place Market where we saw them throw 2 fish and then went to Steelhead Diner for lunch.  We went there last year and had some really good fish and chips - not so good this year.  The fish had no flavor and the texture was really rubbery - so not worth what we paid for it.  Very disappointing.

It was then a quick stop at my office then off to Bell Square.  Colleen wanted to see if they had some shorts at the Lululemon store there and I wanted to go get an iPhone!  I get this uncontrollable urge to purchase Apple Products whenever I am around my sister.  They didn't have any in stock though so I put my name on a priority list and will get an email when one is in stock. So much for the impulsive buy of the day!  Our last stop was at Target - Colleen needed to pick up snacks for the race and a sleeping bag.

We are now at home - just hanging out surfing the web.  Chrissy has warmed up to Colleen really quick.  She keeps wanting to play with her and likes to chew on her jeans and jump around all over her.  Last night when we went to bed C was on the side of the bed that the cats usually sleep on - she was almost asleep when Niki jumped up on the bed - stared at her - and then sneezed in her face!! 

So - tomorrow she will be off to run - I will go to work.  Sunday we will head up to La Conner to see Mom and Dad and then she heads back down to Texas Monday morning.

De

No comments: