Monday, July 19, 2010

Big Fish Games!

I spent today at Big Fish Games attending their inaugural Games Workshop. I discovered today that I am part of the casual game developers major demographic - The Middle-Aged Woman!  It was fun to meet other people that enjoy the same games that I do.

It started with a lunch, then an introduction of the game developers that were there, a tour of the BFG Headquarters, and then a Round Robin of testing some games by the developers that haven't been released yet!  OMG!  There are some really cool casual games coming out this year!  I wish I could tell you all about them but they made us sign a form holding us to complete confidentiality!  We were able to play the games for about 20 min and then talk to the developers about what we did and didn't like about it.

I had a lot of fun meeting the developers of some of my favorite games such as Mystery Case Files, Drawn, Vampire Saga, Dream Chronicles, Dark Tales, etc . . .  Some of the developers came  from as far away as Ukraine and Russia and Hong Kong!  There was one session - before we got to play games - where there was a consumer panel and the developers were able to ask questions about what we liked and what we didn't like about the games - what we would like to see - and what it was that got us to purchase the game. 

We got a gift bag at the end with a notebook, T-Shirt, and water bottle.  Some of the developers had gifts too . . . . very cool!  Felt like a kid in the candy store.

Now I get to go to back to my regular job tomorrow.

De

No comments: