Friday, July 9, 2010

I'm Running Away From Home

Long week . . . . . . . extremely long day . . . . . . . . as I was driving home all I could think about was throwing a few things in the car and just driving!  Chelan or the Ocean . . . . . . . anywhere but here.

Work was going fairly well until after lunch - came back to my desk to find a meeting request from my manager "To Go Over A Few Things" at 230 this afternoon. 1) Meeting Requests like that are never a good thing 2) An hour notice of said meeting is not a good sign  3) She was behind closed doors with her boss right before her meeting with me.  4) A previous boss of mine once said that the best time to fire someone or have a stern meeting is Friday afternoon - gives the person time to think/calm down over the weekend. . . . . and if they are really mad they can't talk to HR or an attorney until Monday! :-P

Meeting time - she was still behind closed doors.  When she came out we went in to the office of someone who is on vacation.  She came in with a the stacks of invoices I had given her to approve coding on and the checks I had cut today that needed signatures.  Never a good sign when they come into the meeting with stacks of your work!  Means you must have done something wrong and they wanted to have examples.

I won't go into specific details of the meeting - let's just say the tone was like being in the Principal's office.  It ended with "I don't want this to be coming across as if you're in trouble"  I would say a little late for that . . . . . When the meeting was over I was very glad that it was time for me to leave - had an appointment back in Issaquah.  Hence - the reason why I had the overwhelming feeling to run away from home. 

I think I may take a day trip somewhere tomorrow . . . . honestly thinking about heading to the Ocean for the day.  It's about a 3 hour drive but if I leave early enough I can be there before noon - have a relaxing day watching the waves, looking for sand dollars, people watching, seeing what Chrissy thinks of the beach.

De

**Comment Responses **
Anonymous - No problem, I probably took it the wrong way just because of the week I've had.  I hope you enjoy reading my Blog from the beginning - definitely more drama early on in this endeavor.

Crawfords - Thank you for the suggestion!  I am going to give it some serious thought and I may take you up on the offer to accompany you and your family to church one Sunday to just see what it's all about.

Readers - I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked for ideas on how to meet people.  I really do need some ideas.  Post whatever comes to mind, or things you mat have tried before that worked. 

No comments: