Friday, March 5, 2010

Safe Harbor

With everything that has been going on these last few days today was like a safe harbor in a large storm. It started with a nice surprise from Colleen, Linds, and Krystina delivered to me at work! A box of cupcakes from a place called Cupcake Royale -OMG!! This place has been voted best in Seattle and for a very good reason - they were the most delicious cupcakes I have ever had! I didn't eat them all myself - I did share with people at work. I had the Lemon one for breakfast! The frosting was sweet, tangy, with just the right amount of lemon flavor. The cake was firm and moist - to die for! And . . . . there was a Lemon Drop candy on top of the cupcake! The next one I had a taste of - I cut them in half so I could have a taste and yet share them with people - So . . . the next one was Salted Caramel!! Wow! Chocolate cupcake with a Salted Caramel frosting - the frosting starts out sweet and caramely and then you get the taste of the salt - Yum Yum Yum! I have leftovers so I will snack on them this weekend. Here's what they looked like . . . . . . .


The flavors starting from the top left -
Dance Party, Lavender, Royale w/Cheese, Irish Whiskey Maple,Lemon Drop, Coconut Bunny, Peppermint Party, Carrot Cake,Triple Chocolate, Kate, Salted Caramel, Red Velvet

Thank you again Colleen, Linds, and Krystina!!

When work was done I asked Jason if he wanted a ride home - he lives down in Kent which is in the opposite direction of me but since the move we haven't been able to really talk - he now shares an office instead of having one to himself - a little difficult to have "counseling" sessions when he has a roommate! So I drove him to his park and ride to get his car and then followed him to his house where his wife Angie was making homemade pizzas. They were so so Good! She made the crust from scratch - it was thick, fluffy - just like a real pizza place. It was really nice to just hang out with his family - and they had friends over too - and not think about everything that has been going on. I also was able to have a nice discussion with him in the car and decompress at his house.

I came home and Miss Muppet was still alive!! Yay - another day with her!! She had some chicken for dinner - and has been snuggling with me since. She just seems really tired - and her body is making some loud, strange noises! It's like all of her insides are moving around.

I'm not real comfortable yet writing about what else has been going on besides Miss Muppet - I'm not sure if I ever will be. Right now I am having an internal struggle about some decisions, choices, and consequences L has created in her life. I am trying to separate myself from the situation but it is difficult.

OK - deep breath - enjoy the feeling of relaxation. I think I will have half a cupcake and then head to bed!

De

No comments: