Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Question of Faith

Muppet did not have a very good day today. I came home to find that she had not eaten any of the food I left out for her - hadn't drank very much water - had thrown up at least once during the day. She was curled up tight in her bed and wouldn't come out of it to see me. I had to pick her up out of it. She is getting so light. I just sat in a chair and held her and rocked her - she likes that. I then called L and told her I was going to come over to the apt so she could see Mup and I would also drop off her check. Mup just sat in my lap the whole ride over there - hardly moving at all. After L cashed her check we went through a McDonald's drive-thru - not even a McDonald's french fry could tempt Mup to eat - she loves french fries - so I know she is definitely not feeling well. She just laid in L's lap, she would sniff at the fry but then turn her head away.

When we got home tonight Mup and I sat on the couch for awhile. I then got up to do some baking - needed the stress relief. Mup stayed on the couch for a bit but then she came looking for me. She came in to the kitchen - climbed into her bed - and went to sleep. She just wants to be right with me. I tried out a new recipe I got form Lyd - Crunchy Cinnamon Cobblestone Muffins. They are like a small version of monkey bread. They turned out pretty good - I am sure they will get better the more I make them. I will bring them to work tomorrow - unless I need to take Muppet to the vet in the morning. If that happens I may just have to eat them all myself.

These past few weeks have found me questioning my faith. I hear from all sorts of people that God doesn't give you more than you can handle. I asked J today, when does he think God knows he has given you enough. He asked me if I really wanted to know . . . . I said yes. Here is what he said:

  • I think that the premise of the question is incorrect. It's at what point YOU think God has given you more than you can handle. I believe when you feel you've reached that point, you have every right to ask him for help to deal with what you already have on your plate and that He not give you any more at this time. And that requires heartfelt, honest, on your knees prayer. When you pray, don't just stand right back up and go about your next activity. Spend at least the same amount of time you spent praying, just kneeling there and listening. Remember prayer is communication with God. If you get up and leave right after you've said your piece, when is it that God gets His time to speak.
I like how he verbalized this. It makes a lot of sense to me. I told him he should be my Home Teacher.

I am looking for something that is not in my life right now - I need something that is not in my life right now - I think this is a step in the right direction.

De

No comments: