Monday, March 8, 2010

I Need A Longer Break

Hey - the weekend was fine. I took a break from my life for a few hours and wandered through Target! Love that store. I went up and down all the aisles and just looked at things. I did get a few things - the College Care Package Gang hadn't gotten anything since Christmas so I found a few things. Lyd called me while I was there - she was close to my house and wanted to stop by - I had her come down and meet me at Target. Little Hoyt was sound asleep when they got there but he did wake-up - I coaxed a small smile out of him! He is such a good little boy. When we were done wandering it was time for her to take the little man home. AT her car she let me try a new muffin she had made for a baby shower she had been at earlier in the day - yum yum yummy!! I got the recipe, picked p some of the ingredients on my way home tonight and will probably do some baking later in the week.

Yesterday Mup woke up looking like she felt fairly good - she wouldn't eat until I made some scrambled eggs around 2 - she took a couple bites. She seemed very tired all day - then at 8 she threw up the eggs - they had been sitting in her stomach for 6 hours - not a good sign. Dr Brar said that one of the first things to look for was lack of appetite along with throwing up - this would indicate she was heading back to the way she was 3 weeks ago. I know she has made it past the 10 god days he had originally talked about - I guess I had started to think that she was going to beat this thing and actually be around for years and years. I guess I need to prepare myself for the inevitable - she is not going to survive this.

When I got home tonight she had eaten some chicken during the day but she didn't get up out of her bed to see me. I had to coax her to walk towards me - I was very surprised to look down on her as she walked - she is looking very skinny - I think she is losing weight quickly. She is also losing her hair along the ridge of her back and her tail. Looking a little scraggly. She did eat some more chicken for dinner - she has figured out that I hide pills in her food and has started spitting them out - had to do the shove it down the throat method again. So much fun! She is now sound asleep next to me on the couch.

I think this is going to be a long stressful week. Mup worries and L issues. Maybe that's what I should name my blog!!

De

No comments: