Friday, March 19, 2010

3 Days Later

It has been 3 days since Miss Muppet's passing.  Each day has gotten a little bit better - work helps to keep my mind off things.  Nighttime is the hardest - coming home from work and not having her there to greet me - dance for me - be excited to see me.  I miss her licky kisses on my face and toes - yes she loved to lick toes!  I miss having her next to me in bed - snoring away.  The past month she had slept curled up right next to me every night.  The cats have been attentive - I think they are beginning to realize that Muppet is missing and not coming back. 

Dr Brar called me this evening - he had the results back from the biopsy he had done on Muppet's liver - he did this to get some answers for himself.  The results showed that Muppet's liver was damaged beyond repair - it was necrotized and had turned septic so it was slowly poisoning her.  She also had a form of Hepaptitis that was untreatable - this is why she had lost all the hair down the middle of her back.  There were also stones in her gallbladder - which contributed to her jaundice.  Dr Brar said he feels confident that we did everything we could and that because Muppet was such a fighter we were able to get an extra month with her.  He said we should both be able to sleep at night knowing that there wasn't anything else we could have done.

I will be busy this weekend so I won't have too much time to sit around and miss her - which is good because if I didn't have places I had to be I would spend the whole weekend in bed - under the covers.  I am picking L up early tomorrow to take her to an appointment.  Then it is a girls night out with Lyd - dinner, movie, and then Chelsea Handler at 1030 pm.  Sunday L and E are planning on coming over for laundry and dinner.

Time for bed.

De

No comments: