Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekend

Didn't really do much this weekend - I made the mistake of channel surfing and finding Twilight New Moon and Eclipse playing back to back on Showtime!  Yup - that was a block of time spent on the couch - I am just a little obsessed with those movies - I've watched them back to back quite a few times now. 

Today - I spent some time trying to get the mats and knots out of Chrissy's fur - she does not like to sit very still!  I gave up trying to comb the ones out of her legs and paws - I ended up cutting them out.  She know looks like I took a weed whacker to her legs.  There is still a patch on her neck I need to work on - then I will need to take her to the groomers to get the hair cut evened up a bit. 

L called me today - she and her Dad were at the Museum of Flight and there was a Star Wars gathering there - she had to call me because she was so excited. 

Part of me wishes I was the part time parent - the one who gets to show up every couple of years and do fun things - it definitely seems to be the better deal.  These days all I get are the phone calls asking for money or crying about the latest drama - then having her get pissed because I'm not reacting the way she wanted me to - Case in point - Friday she called me during my lunch hour in tears because she couldn't find something and wanted to know if I'd seen it - she was crying so hard I couldn't understand her.  I guess I wasn't as upset as she wanted me to be - she hung up on me.  I  thought we had been disconnected so I called her back - she then informed me that No - she had hung up on me.  Yup - she did the exact thing to me that she gets pissed if I do to her.  Her Dad never has to deal with this - Can I be that parent for awhile!!

De

No comments: