Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Little Baking - A Little Smile

Well - the stress bubbled up and over . . . . . . . . no crying . . . . . . just a tremendous amount of energy when I got home from work - so I did what makes me happy and helps me to just forget everything and breathe . . . . . I baked!  I had a bag of bananas just waiting to be used - they weren't as mushy as I would normally use but I so needed to bake.  Chrissy doesn't like it when I am hanging in the kitchen - not sure why, maybe because that's her home during the day and she's worried I'm going to do something to it.  She just stands guard in there watching me move around - every once in awhile jumping up to tag my butt.

I had just finished mixing everything together and was getting the pans ready - I set the spatula down on the counter - it fell off and scared the beejesus out of Chrissy!  I thought it had just landed on the floor next to her.  After the bread was in the oven and I went to the couch, Chrissy jumped up next to me - I started petting her and my hand ran through a gooey mess - yup - the spatula had landed on her before it hit the floor!!  Time for a really quick bath!

 While baking I watched The Ellen Show, which I had recorded during the day because my two favorite little girls from England were back on - Sophia Grace and Rosie!!  If you have never seen them you should search on YouTube and watch their videos.  I will give you a quick taste of what I mean - watch this.




This just made me smile when I got home - which was much needed.

De


No comments: