Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Belated Easter!

I hope everyone had a great one. 

I had a great time at church and then afterwards I picked up L and we headed on up to La Conner to see Mom and Dad - it's so nice to have someone in the car with me - makes the drive go a lot quicker.  This was an all encompassing dinner - we celebrated Easter - Mother's Day - L's B-day!  Since it was L's B-day we had Flank Steak and Yorkshire Pudding for dinner!  It was really really good!  Dad's Flank Steak is always good but this was exceptional - cooked just right and the marinade made a crispy layer on the outside.  Yorkshire {Pudding was wonderful as usual.  We also had asparagus - L and I will eat the stems and Mom prefers the flower end - same with broccoli.  I helped clear the table and clean the dishes and then it was time for dessert.  I made individual cheesecakes - they turned out really well!  I think I have found my new specialty!  This time around not one cheesecake cracked - served them with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. 

I didn't bring Chrissy with me - she was being a pain earlier in the day - I was feeling kinda sorry for her though because she had been in the kitchen for so long.  Well - that feeling went away when she so excitedly greeted me at the front door! My little escape artist!  I kept asking her how long she had been out but she was not telling! Neither of the cats would spill the beans either.

De

No comments: