Friday, April 22, 2011

Just Some Observations

  •  What has happened to the smile and wave?  It used to be that when you let a car go in front of you or the car to your right go first at a 4-way stop or the person waiting to cross the parking lot at the grocery store - you would get a smile and nod or a smile and wave.  I don't get those anymore.
  •  To the young gal working at the drive-thru window tonight - I didn't appreciate when I asked you for a straw your response of rolling the eyes, the huffy attitude, the response of "I put one in the bag" as you grabbed a straw and shoved it at me out the window.  I'm not new to ordering at drive-thrus - I checked the bag before I asked you and There Was No Straw!!
  • It cost me $40 to fill-up my car this morning!  When I drove pass the Klahanie Chevron station my mouth dropped - The price is now at 4.05/gal!!  Ridiculous!!
  • When I am depressed is the perfect time to go to Michael's - I have no motivation to be creative so I don't spend money on tons of beads.  I was able to go in - get the one thing I needed - and leave.
  • Bed, Bath, and Beyond is just as dangerous to wander through as Target.  Impulse shopping trip netted me Pedi-Paws for trimming the pets nails, a cute hedgehog toy for Chrissy, a brown basket like container to hold my magazines/remote/word search puzzles/pen by my bed, a large fruit slicer that is a larger version of the slicer that cuts apples into wedges - this one is for melons - perfect wedges of watermelon/cantaloupe/honeydew.  Impulse shopping when depressed is not a good idea.
  • God knows when you need a hug and he provides for you - I hardly ever see anyone I know at the QFC but tonight I ran in to Brother and Sister Bennett from church - they live in Preston so they're not usually at this QFC.  It was exactly what I needed - I got great big hugs from both of them.  

De

No comments: