Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Heavens To Murgatroid!

What a day what a day!  I swear - sometimes I think I should try to record the phone calls I have with L just so I can replay them and prove that I'm not making this stuff up and to make sure I'm not crazy - that I am hearing her say the things she says - and so I can try to transcribe this correctly for my blog!  Disclaimer - this may not be word for word but it is close enough and carries the basics! 

The set-up is this:  L is moving this week (that's a whole nuther story that I will get into another day)  she has requested boxes and I told her I would try to get some from work - operative work being try - and I gave her some ideas on other places she could go to to get some.  The other issue is the unemployment check that gets delivered to my house - the last conversation we had about this weeks was that she wanted me to leave it inside the house and she would come by and get it (she still has a key for now).

Text message sent to me last night at 1134:  Can you drop my unemployment check off at my work tomorrow morning?  Or at my place or something . . C is gonna take me to cash it when I'm off.  I of course was asleep so I didn't get until this morning. 

My response at 712:  I'm not driving to work.  I can leave it under the mat here and you can come by and get it.  

L 821:  Well c was gonna pick me up at my place . . . . how am I supposed to get boxes if your not driving.  

As I was texting her back she called me at 822.  A little on the impatient side much!  So here's how the convo went:

L:  Have you left for work yet? 
De: Yeah - I'm almost to the park and ride
L:  How am I supposed to get boxes?
De:  I told you I haven't found any boxes yet and I'm not gonna drive everyday hoping to find some.
L:  I need to get out of my place what am I supposed to do?
De:  Not really my problem
L:  How am I supposed to get my check
De:  If C is taking you to cash your check it's not that far out of the way to get it from my place.
L: I'm in Seattle why didn't you just bring my check with you?
De:  I didn't know you were in Seattle
L:  I told you I was going to K's
De:  Well how was I supposed to know that.  Also - the last thing I knew you wanted to pick the check up at my house.  You know what - you are moving in to an apartment so you need to just get the address on this check changed to your new address.
L:  I texted you that C was picking  me up from my house and taking me to cash my check.
De:  You texted me at 1130 - I was asleep
L:  Why can't you just drive
De:  Gas and Parking are too much
L:  What am I supposed to do - why are you getting all huffy

There was more of her trying to get me to change my plans - I just hung up and have not heard from her since. 

There was some other stuff that happened today but I am really tired - it took me too long to write this because I was watching the movie Whip It while writing this - now it's 1100 and I so need to go to bed so I can get up and go to work in the morning.  Oh - and - Whip It is a really cute movie!!

De

No comments: