Thursday, February 17, 2011

Shoes

Yay for Friday!!  Well - for me it is Friday!  There is something about a long weekend with no big plans that takes the weight off my shoulders!  I hope to finally get my home life back on track and organized!  I am also going to take care of a few things such as an eye appointment on Saturday and taking Nikki to the vets on Friday - There has to be something they can give her to control the wheezing and sneezing.  She's been seen by Dr Hougham before - but seeing as I blame him for not realizing the extent of Muppet's illness and causing her to die an early death - I am going to have Dr Brar take a look at her and see what he has to say.  Friday I am also meeting a friend from church for a Jamba Break and then I have a hair appointment with Bonnie.  So I guess it's not totally a weekend with no plans - but it will be relaxing!

Yesterday I wore some new shoes to work - a cute pair of grey boots with a bit of a heel.  I found them on the Payless Shoe website when I was looking for a new pair of shoes for church - you see, Chrissy thought my black flats looked good enough to eat . . . . . . . so she did . . . . . . . ate the back of the shoe right off!  So anyways - Payless was having a BOGO 1/2 off sale and I found these cute boots.  I'm not used to wearing heels anymore and so by the end of the day my feet were hurting a bit.  My heel tolerance seems to have gone down the older I've gotten - back in my 20s I had a killer pair of red pumps - 3 inch heel - loved them!  In my 30s I went down to about a 1 - 1 1/2 inch heel - looked nice with a skirt but didn't hurt the feet.  Now that I'm in my 40s and the dress code at the office is very casual I wear flats - mostly tennis shoes.  I thought the boots were soooo cute though - and would go with my jeans - and they did look really good.  Next time I wear them - I will not walk a couple blocks to get lunch - for some reason - walking on the sidewalk made my feet hurt more than walking around the office.  Beauty is Pain!

OK - time for bed

De. 

No comments: