Friday, February 4, 2011

Chrissy The Annoying One

Nom Nom Nom!!
How long do the annoying Toddler Years last for puppies!!  Chrissy has been such a pest lately! Digging in garbage - barking at everything - eating paper - peeing on my clean sheets - eating my shoes - eating furniture!!!  Yes - those last two just started!  Last night I was dipping cake balls in chocolate when I looked out in to the living room to see what Miss Chris was up to and she had gotten my Sunday shoes from the bedroom and was eating them!!  I wasn't quick enough realizing what she was up too and she ate the back off of one shoe!  Last weekend I heard a noise and looked down to find her eating the leg of a TV Tray Table . . . . . and one of her toys sitting right there!

I thought maybe she just needed a rawhide to chew on because she was bored with stuffed toys so I gave her one and she buried it in my bed.  Gave her a different one with Peanut Butter in it and she buried it in the couch.  Ooh - she just jumped up on the couch to get the Peanut Butter one - maybe she's ready to chew it up. . . . . . . . . . . Nope . . . . . . . she just ran down the hall with it in her mouth - I'm guessing it's on its way to being hidden under my covers. . . . . . Now she's back out here in the living room with it - went over by the front door - now she's back down the hall.  I guess as long as she's entertained looking for hiding spots it will keep her from eating the house. . . . . . . Any guesses on where this is going to end up.  Aw Crap - took my eyes off her for a few minutes and now she's up on the couch with me - no peanut butter rawhide!!

Sometimes she acts like a dog and other times I think she thinks she's a cat!  She was "perched" on the couch with her butt near my shoulder watching me on the computer.  All of a sudden she put her nose right on the screen - I wasn't sure what she was doing until I moved the cursor a bit and she followed it with her nose and tried to catch it with her tongue!  I started to move it quickly back and forth and her head was all twitchy - going back and forth - trying to catch it - just like my cats do when I flash a light back and forth.  She is a funny funny girl.

So . . . . back to the original question . . . . . How long are the Toddler Years of a Puppy!!
De

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I used to have to walk Kara every day to get her energy level down so that she would be calmer. Maybe that would work? She needs an outlet for all that energy!