Wednesday, February 2, 2011

And Over The Hump To The Weekend

I got off work at a decent hour tonight but still didn't get home until almost 800 - did my "volunteer" work of taking the poor to the grocery store to do there shopping!  Yup - 2nd of the month means L's EBT card gets replenished with her Food money and it's time to go do some shopping.  I was actually quite proud of her - she was prepared with a list - stuck to the list - bought generic brands - a very good shopper that only used half of her money.  There were a few items she couldn't get because there was a power outage at the Albertson's and they were running on generator power so they had all of the frozen and refrigerator items closed up tight to try and keep them from spoiling.  Not sure why the power was out but when we left the store we could see flashing lights of a fire truck over by the Pizza Hut.

So after that excursion I ended up not getting home until 800.  I am baking cakes right now in preparation of making Cake Balls for our Finance Super Bowl Tailgate Party on Friday.  I found an Orange Supreme cake mix at the Albertsons so I am going to try and make a batch of Orange/Chocolate Cake Balls and then I will also make a batch of Chocolate/Chocolate Cake Balls.  I have both cakes in the oven right now - then they need to cool off a bit - then I mix them with frosting and put them in the refrigerator over night.  Tomorrow I will make them in to balls and then dip them in chocolate.  Hope they turn out.

Kathi Goertzen from KOMO went in to surgery today. Below is a piece that KOMO put together with Kathi as she wanted to share with everyone what has been going on.

No comments: