Monday, February 21, 2011

4-Day Weekend

Ahh . . . . . My 4 Day weekend was so good!  I didn't get all the organizing done that I wanted to but that's OK - I feel rejuvenated! 

Friday:

I slept in - well it was sleeping in to me - I got up at 8!  Niki had a vet appointment at 9:30.   The appointment went fine - she doesn't have asthma - she doesn't have kitty leukemia - just has really bad sinus issues.  So she got two shots - antibiotic and then a steroid shot in her butt!  She was not happy about that when - turned her head really quick like she was going to bite Dr Brar - neither one of us flinched though because we know she's harmless - Toothless Wonder that she is!  Sent me home with two prescriptions  - $250 later we were on our way!  Got home - needed to give Niki her Antihistamine pill - this did not go well at all!!  Thought I had a good hold on her legs - Uh No!  She got me good with her back legs - I have a very deep scratch on my arm.  No Good Deed Goes Unpunished! 
Cat Scratch!

I met Kim - from church - for Jamba Juice.  Then I went and did some quick shopping at Walgreens then it was off to see Bonnie for a much needed haircut!  Bonnie has been on Maternity Leave since Thanksgiving so it had been quite awhile since I had a haircut.  After that it was time to play Mom - L got that nasty cold virus that is going around - fever, sinuses, earache - so I put together a care package and brought it over to her.  Meds - Juice - Soup - Crackers - Water - Word Puzzles - Coloring Book - Crayons!  I think this could be another line of work - I love making care packages.

Saturday:

Got up around 730 - I had an eye appointment at 930.  My eyesight - left eye better, right eye a teeny tiny bit worse - found out that the blurring when I wear my contacts had nothing to do with my eyesight - it was the type of contact lens I was wearing!  They gave me a different brand to try out over the weekend and it works so much better!  So I will get a new contacts prescription.  I wanted new glasses too - but my insurance for new glasses doesn't kick in until June so I have to wait until then.  That's OK - they tightened up my current glasses and replaced the nose pads so I can wait. 

Got home and decided to get some of the bigger chores out of the way.  I actually cleaned out the pantry and the refrigerator,  pulled everything out of the refrigerator - including the shelves - and washed everything down!  It had been awhile since I did this - years - if you go by the expiration date of some of the condiments found in the back of the fridge! 

Next task was the scary second bedroom!  I honestly felt like I should be wearing a hazmat suit in there!  I was able to clear out the garbage - a couple bags of clothing - and vacuum the rug.  Thar carpet in there is so disgusting!!  L was definitely not careful when she was in there - spots everywhere from spilling God knows what.  There was also an awful lot of black ashy substance - I believe she was smoking in there and/or cleaning out illegal smoking apparatus.  Gross!!!  If I get a windfall of money, new carpet is going to be the first thing I buy! 

Sunday:

Church and then a trip up to La Conner for dinner with Mom and Dad!  I miss Sunday Family Dinners!  It was fun - good conversation and an excellent meal.  It was also pointed out to me that there have been a few of my blogs lately making disparaging remarks about "old" people and their inability to work computerized items and their poor driving skills.  I should have put a disclaimer on those blogs that they in know way are based on anyone I know personally or am related to!  In other words - Mom and Dad you are excluded from my opinion of old people!!

Chrissy went with me up to La Conner - she was such a good pup up there.  The only issue was when she went down the hall and came face to face with Tuggy - the big grey cat!  We heard a big hiss and then Chrissy sliding across the wood floor trying to come back into the living room!  Tuggy was so big - her fur was all fluffed up and it was standing on end down her spine!!  Mom got her back into the bedroom and closed the door!  It was pretty funny!  Other than that Chrissy was all lovey - very excited to see her Nana and Papa - kept a close watch on Papa while he was outside at the barbecue! 

Got home and then boxed up the donations from the second bedroom and the items that have been sitting in the dining room for quite awhile and hauled them downstairs for NWC to pick up Monday.  So - my home still looks disorganized but at least the 2 worst jobs are done! 

Monday:

Plan for today was to do some straightening up - yeah, ended up sleeping most of the day away.  I guess that's OK - kinda what you should do when on "vacation" anyways - even if you are at home.  So - it is now almost 800 and I have not done a darn thing today.  The only two rooms in the house that look like accomplished anything are the two rooms I never use - dining room and second bedroom!!

De

No comments: