Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Divine Interruptions

Not sure what was up this morning - but on my way in to work I passed 3 separate accidents on I90. They were all moved over to the side of the road and tow trucks were there - one involved 4 cars that I could see. I think there was some divine interruption going on with me this morning - kept me from being on the road when the accidents happened. I always say a quick prayer of thanks when this happens.

I had an appt today so I got to leave work early - yay me! The appt was over at 515 and I was so excited to see that it was still light out! I have so missed that! Still wintery though because it gets dark so fast. I am so ready for more daylight.

I almost got run off the road by an old man driving a very large sedan - back in college we called that size of car a boat and the parking area at the sorority was the Sigma Kappa Harbor! Anyways - I was on my way home and had just exited I90 at Front Street and was in the right lane where it splits off into the right turn only lane to head up the plateau hill - I moved over to the far right and was moving along when this old man in the boat decides he needs to be in my lane and just starts moving over - no signal - no looking for other cars - I slammed on my brakes and laid on the horn - he never flinched or slowed down. We both turned right up the hill - I pulled up next to him - he was gripping the steering wheel with both hands - a cigarette in one - staring straight ahead and going about 10 mph. Really - people like that should just not be on the road.

OK - bedtime. Need to try and get to work early - having dinner at a friends house tomorrow night so I want to get out of Seattle at a decent hour.

De

No comments: