Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Rest of The Story

Over the weekend L kept talking about how it sucked she had to work on President's Day - she knew it was a holiday. Yesterday while at work she posted that it sucked she had to work on a Federal Holiday - so she knew it wasn't just a regular Holiday. She sent me messages about whether I could take her to cash last weeks check and the check that should be in the mail on Tuesday - which is the day it is usually here. Told her I couldn't - she made other arrangements - I left last weeks check and the mail key on the table inside the door for her.

That's the background - here's the phone conversation that happened this afternoon:

Me - "Hi. Was your check in the mail."
L - "No" (followed by irritated sigh)
Me - "Probably because there was no mail yesterday."
L - "Well that would have been nice to know!"
Me - "I thought you knew. You knew yesterday was a Federal Holiday."
L - "You always remind me of these things. I don't remember this stuff. What a waste of time."
Me - "You're almost 21 don't you think you should know this stuff?"
L - "NO! You should know that you need to tell me these things!"

Yeah - it kinda went downhill from there. I swear I have had conversations like this with her before. It's like Deja Vu and Groundhog's Day!

De

No comments: