Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Weekend Readers!

It was a busy work week - a bit stressful just because there is so much that needs to get done in January.  When I look at my desk I get overwhelmed and my brain goes on overload which means things get lost in there!  I make lists of the things I need to get done - I set out a plan - then more stuff gets added!!

Right now I am taking a break from the kitchen - I am about 2/3 of the way through cleaning it - it's amazing!!  I actually have counters!  I'm not sure when the last time was that I could see my counter tops!  Pretty sad I know!  I needed to make space for my new addiction - Keurig!!  I bought myself one and ordered the apple cider to go with it!  So very yummy!

Last night I had the Elders (missionaries) over for dinner and a teaching lesson.  We discussed God's commandments and being of service to others.  Service doesn't have to be big things - it can be something small too.  Listening to someone - being there for a friend - taking someone grocery shopping who doesn't drive - sending college care packages.  All of these things have an effect on the lives of others - even if it is small.  After our lesson we ate pizza and just talked about things they like to do - I discovered that one of the Elders likes to play the same Hidden Object games that I do!  We talked about some of the ones we have both played and I told him that when he is off his mission that there is a new Mystery Case Files that had been released.  We talked about movies that have come out that they will need to rent and what were some of the ones they last saw.  It was such a nice evening.  This time I was prepared for feeding boys!  I ordered 2 Large pizza's which they demolished!  There were only 3 pieces left over and I sent those home with them.  I also made brownies in my new Brownie Baker pan - each brownie has a crispy edge - and they turned out sooooo good!  I sent some of those home with them too.  After they left I just hung out on the couch with Chrissy - it was nice because I had cleaned up the living area before the boys got here.  It is so very relaxing to be in a clean space.

As I was cleaning my kitchen I found lots of bananas ready to be made in to bread/muffins.  I also had forgotten that I have Jumbo Muffin tins so I am thinking of making a huge batch of jumbo muffins.  Share some with the Bennetts who are coming over after church tomorrow and bring the rest in to work.

Speaking of church - the Seahawks game starts at 10 tomorrow which is right in the middle of church.  So now I am debating - do I just follow the game through the ESPN notifications on my phone or do I set my DVR to record the game and try to avoid any mention of the score and how it is going.  What would you do?

OK - break time is over.  Time to finish wiping down counters and then get to baking some muffins!

De

No comments: