Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

Happy New Year!

I am very happy to see 2010 come to an end - it was not a year full of fun and games.  Too many sad and stressful things happened - ready to start with a clean slate.  That was the plan - let's call tomorrow the first day of the New Year.

Not sure what it is about travelling to TX but it seems like I have to deal with L drama either while I'm down there or when I get home.  Last May it was getting an email letting me know that she needed to move back in with me for a few months.  This time around it was a call at 130am the morning after I got back - calls at 130 in the morning are never good and this was no exception - L was in tears and the words out of her mouth were that E had beaten her up - yup, you read that correctly - E had been drinking, got mad at her for some reason, and he punched her in the face.  L was calling to see if she could come here - she had her keys and one of the roommates was going to drive her over - I of course said yes.  I fell back to sleep - woke up off and on through out the night thinking I had heard her come in - but I got up in the morning and she wasn't here.  I tried calling and texting but got no response.  She finally texted me at 1030 and said she was fine, she had fallen asleep on the couch after talking with her roommates and she didn't think to let me know she wasn't coming over.  She said E was upset about what had happened and was sorry - they were going to talk about it and figure things out.  I told her I thought he needed to move out - that she should be able to stay because he is the one that has the problem.

Today she called me in tears - E had texted her at 100 am saying he was moving out and that he was breaking up with her - yeah, no matter if it's a text or an actual call - 100 am is never good.  She had gone to a NYE party with friends from work because he was working until 930 - he sent her a message around 10 telling her to have fun - he loved her - his friend James had stopped by.  Suddenly a few hours later he sends her the break-up text.  Yeah - James had told E he should move in to the house he was living in and that he should just break up with L. 

L came by this afternoon - I told her that I thought it was a good idea for him to move out and to not let him effect how well she has been doing - that I am very proud of how far she has come in the past year and I don't want her to fall back just because E has issues.  Tried to help her see that this is on him and not her - that it's not just alcohol that's a problem for him - that there are other issues that he needs to work out - and that she deserves someone who is going to treat her so much better. 

Yeah - So - 2010 kinda ended like it started.  Hopefully this is just a cleansing of the bad luck and 2011 is going to be my year.

De

No comments: