Monday, October 4, 2010

It's About Time

I know - y'all have been waiting ever so patiently to find out whether she did or didn't . . . . . . . . . Yes, L moved out this past Friday!! 

I picked her up from work at 745 - brought her home so we could load the car and head on over to the new place.  Didn't quite go that smoothly. She does not like to move! She had boxes packed but they didn't contain everything - every time I asked whether something was going with her she got irritated with me - which in turn pissed me off.  Oh yeah - lots of arguing. 
Me: What about the computer? 
L:  I can come back and get it another time. 
Me:  What about these clothes?
L:  I'll go through them later? 
Me:  I'm not going to be a storage unit! 
L: What's your problem!  I'll get it later! 
Me: Maybe you should have started packing earlier than the morning of the move! 
Finally we got everything loaded in the car - then we had to drive over to E's Dad's place to get him - then it was to the new place.  It's not too far away and it's a nice house.  Good place for them.

Saturday L called - she had forgotten the pump for the air mattress and wanted to know if I could bring it by her work also she called to say she had gotten a wireless card for her computer and could I just bring that too and drive her home from work.  Sure.  I ventured in to the room to take apart the computer.  As I was working on the computer I found some clothes that she had left behind - so I boxed up those and a few other things - like a red "vase" - carried everything down to my car - her monitor is extremely heavy!!  Went to McDonald's to pick her up.  Now - I thought I had done a nice thing by packing up the extra things - boy was I wrong!! 
L: Why did you go through my things!  Why couldn't you just bring the computer! 
Me:  I thought I was helping out. 
L: I left those clothes there because I didn't need them!
Me: Well, you can't just leave things there!
L: Why didn't you just throw them out! 
Me:  Because if I had done that we would be having a different fight about them. 
L:  Well, you should just assume I got everything I wanted. 
Me:  So I can just throw out anything else I find in that room.
L: No!  Check with me first! 

Did I mention that I really need to invest in a hazmat suit to clean up the rest of the room - there were some very disgusting things in there.  I had to bring in a box so I could gather up all of the dishes in there - I was wondering why I had no forks, spoons, or plastic plates in the kitchen - they were all in the room in varying stages of nastiness - gooey, dry, moldy, smelly!  It really was disgusting!!  I had to keep the door closed so Chrissy would stay out - she is like a hoover vacuum and I so did not need her eating anything that might be found on the floor! 

Besides food I found empty beer cans, burnt matches, lots of soot/ashes from either cigarettes or a pipe, It is so gross!!  Wish I could just have someone come out, gut the room, and put it back together all nice and pretty.  I have my work cut out for me.

De

No comments: