Thursday, October 7, 2010

And On A Lighter Note

Yesterday's entry must have been too heavy - I thought I would get some comments - people's thoughts - but nope - nothing.  So - either no one read it - or it was just a subject no one felt strongly about.  So  - moving on to something lighter . . . . . . . Chrissy!

She is really turning in to a character . . . . personality coming out.  I have been so wrapped up lately with the fact that she "is not Muppet" that I have not been looking at what Chrissy is.  So - here are a few things that she does that are Chrissy things -

  • In the morning when I open her crate she rolls over so she can get her belly scratched - that's how she likes to start her day.
  • When it is time for me to leave for work she runs around the living room - jumps on the couch and looks at me.  I say "Look Cute" and she puts her head on her paws and gives me sad puppy eyes!  This gets her another belly rub and then time to go in the kitchen.
  • When I get home - and this is as close to a Muppet thing as she gets - she lays flat on the kitchen floor and then when I reach over the gate to get her she stands on her hind legs and does her version of a Muppet Dance!  Not quite as cute - a little spastic in fact - but it is funny!
  • When it is later at night - like after 8 - she starts to calm down a little bit - she likes to sit on the couch next to me and chew on her toys.  Tonight I am baking cookies and every time I get up off the couch and go to the kitchen she follows me to see what I'm doing.  Then she follows me back to the couch and sits right next to me with her toys!  She may be on her way to becoming a Mama's Girl.
  • It's not all cute and sweet stuff!  When she has gotten outside through the front door - you have to be quick in closing it or else she gets out.  She is very Fast! Anyways - when she has gotten lose she has taken off running - zipping around the parking lot - she is fast and quick -weaving between parked cars -  maybe the Seahawks should draft her as a running back!  The other night she snuck outside and I went running after her - it was like a stand off, I wasn't sure how I was going to get her.  Then I remembered a "Bonanza" trick - I unlocked the car, opened the door, she jumped right in!

So I baked cookies tonight - new recipe Pumpkin Snickerdoodles.  I think the last time I made snickerdoodles was Home Ec class in High School.  I hope they taste OK - my workmates will be my guinea pigs tomorrow - At least it's also Bagel Friday so if they taste yucky everyone will have something else to eat!  The last batch should be coming out of the oven soon and then it's time for bed. 

De

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was pleased to see you went to the WSU Cougar bar. You should get out more often and meet people. I don't know if you are hoping to meet Mr. Right, but if you are, you won't find him sitting at home. This isn't criticism, only encouragement.