Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jinx

OK - Which one of you did it - huh huh - you know who you are - just admit it . . . . Which one of you was thinking or said "Hmm . . now that L has moved out of De's house there isn't as much drama for her to write about!"   Quit Jinxing Me!!!  What drama you may be asking yourself . . . . . Well . . . . .

It all happened yesterday afternoon.  I had a Dr Appt at 2:00 in Issaquah so I went home afterwards instead of heading back over the bridge.  Got home and took Chrissy out for a walk and to go check the mail - I guess it was a bit after 300 - we heard the bells from the Elementary School signaling it was time for them to head home.  I walked back towards my building - rounded the corner - and there - parked right in front of my building . . . . . King County Sheriff car!!!  Now - most people would think that something must be going on with one of their neighbors.  I on the other hand immediately wonder what did I do or what did L do!  My experiences have proven me correct on many occasions and this time was no exception!  The Deputy got out of the car while I was walking back with Chrissy and disappeared - I wasn't sure which stack of stairs he had gone up - until I headed up mine.  There - standing at the top of the stairs - in front of my door - King County Sheriff Deputy.  The whole situation only lasted several minutes but it freaked me out so I'm not sure I remember everything that was said . . . . . .

  • Deputy - Do you live here?
  • Me - Yes
  • Deputy - Which one is yours?
  • Me - The door you're standing in front of.
  • Deputy - What's your name?
  • Me - I gave him my name
  • Deputy - Do you know L
  • Me - Yes
  • Deputy - Is she in there
  • Me - No, she doesn't live here anymore.
  • Deputy - Did you and her part on good terms.
  • Me - Yes.  I'm her Mom.  Can you tell me what this is about?
  • Deputy - No, she's an adult and due to privacy laws I can't tell you anything.

He then said that he needed to talk to her and show her some photos.  He asked if she would be coming by here anytime soon.  He left it by giving me his number and name to give to her and have her call him.  I gave her the number but I don't think she's called him.  The whole thing just creeped me out.  Does he really just need to talk to her about something or is he coming after her because of the warrant that she has due to not showing up for her DUI court date.  If she meets with him is she going to be arrested?  She's just finally getting things together . . . . . . but it looks like some of her mistakes are possibly catching up with her.

So . . . . whoever it was . . . . . Quit Jinxing Me!!!

De

No comments: