Thursday, October 21, 2010

Deep Breath . . . . Relax

Needed to take a break yesterday - think about the reactions that happened with my previous post - that hasn't happened in a long while.

No talk tonight about my choice to join the Mormon Church - I'll come back to that topic another day.  So whenever I need to move on to a lighter topic I write about . . . . . . . . . . CHRISSY!!!!!  Boy is her personality really coming out - she's a little sneaker!! 

Last night when I was home with her she came running in to the living room with what I thought was a napkin she must have found in the kitchen - she was tearing it up in to teeny tiny pieces!! Closer inspection though - it was items out of the garbage can in my bathroom!!  Yuck!!  Got it all cleaned up but within an hour poor little Chrissy had a very upset tummy - She cried most of the night in her crate.  She got me up at 1 this morning - crying very loudly - so I took her outside - you could hear her tummy just making all sorts of noises.  Came back inside and I think she finally cried herself to sleep around 2 - 230.  I felt so bad for her - hoped she would learn a lesson about eating things (yeah, I know - very wishful thinking).  She was feeling better this morning.

Tonight when I got home I was greeted by a big surprise . . . . . Chrissy at the front door!!!  Yes - the little Houdini figured out how to get out of the kitchen and she had been running around the house - I have no idea how long she had been free but I'm thinking it was for a good portion of the day.  She is a funny funny girl . . . she was so excited to greet me at the door . . . like - Look Mom - See What I Did! 

This evening I have been quite the little Suzie Homemaker - I was baking miniature apple pies, cleaning the kitchen, and taking care of laundry!  Chrissy helped with the laundry too . . . . . in her own way . . . . she was taking socks out of the pile and then running around "burying" them!  I found 2 behind the pillows on the couch and I watched while she buried one under the blanket in her bed.  She entertains me! 

The little pies turned out pretty good - I figure I will have them perfected in time to possibly make them for Thanksgiving - along with mini pumpkin and mini lemon pies. 

OK - thinking it's time for bed and I just saw my little sock thief running down the hall with something white in her mouth - I wonder how many socks I'm going to find under the covers!

De

No comments: