Sunday, October 17, 2010

On A Journey

Heyyyy . . . . . . I've been busy in the evenings so I haven't been writing . . . . . . bad me .   What have I been doing instead of writing - well . . . . . .I have been meeting with the Mormon Missionaries two nights a week going over my homework assignments.  I have been reading chapters from the Book of Mormon and learning more about the beliefs and spiritual guidance.  Friday we went over Plan of Salvation.  I have found comfort in my meetings with them - but also having feelings of anxiety about whether this is the right direction for me.  It is a major decision. 

Friday they asked me whether I was ready to attend church.  I was very tentative and told them I would need to think about it - which I did - all day Saturday and during the night.  I woke up at 8 this morning - church wasn't until 1 - I took this as a sign - went to church. 

It wasn't at all what I expected - and I'm not sure really what I was expecting - maybe more ceremonial like a Catholic Service.  There were some hymns - prayers - people from the ward spoke - sacrament blessing - and that was pretty much it.  One thing that surprised me was the number of young children that were at the service - walking all over - talking - crying - and it didn't seem to bother anyone.  After the service it was time for Sunday School - and then the Men and Women went to separate meetings.  In all it was 3 hours - although it didn't feel like it - it went rather quickly.


Everyone was very nice and welcoming.  I left with such a feeling of joy in my chest - I honestly am starting to believe that this is the right choice for me.

De

1 comment:

crawford crew said...

I am glad that you went on Sunday. I told Jason if you wanted to go I would be glad to go with you. I like the title of your post, because it is a journey. Just take your time, keep your heart open and you will know what is right for you. Let us know if you have any questions.
Ang