Sunday, October 10, 2010

Subtlety

I have been looking for something but not sure what - I have prayed for answers - guidance - direction. 

God answers your prayers in very different ways - not necessarily the way you might be expecting - sometimes it is so subtle that the signs have to be given to you over and over in order to get you pointed in the right direction.

Most of last week I had that nagging feeling you get in the back of your head that you might be forgetting something - all full of anxiety and not knowing what it is.  I was also stressed from close - changes in my life - so much going on in my head.  Friday night I was outside walking Chrissy along the sidewalk in front of my condo complex.  Chrissy was not being very quick about her business too interested in sniffing everything and checking out the shadows behind trees.  While out there two young men dressed in shorts and ties came up and started talking to me - Yes, they were missionaries - I stopped and spoke with them for awhile.  Then we moved under a street light and they shared with me.  I set up an appointment to meet with them again on Sunday to learn more about The Book of Mormon. 

Sunday they came by and we talked more about being Mormon  - they brought me a Book of Mormon  and we talked - I have another meeting with them on Tuesday to talk about the chapter they want me to read. 

I feel in my heart that it was divine intervention that I met up with these two on Friday.  Since Friday that feeling of anxiety has been gone.

De

No comments: