Friday, September 18, 2009

One More Thing

I'm not exactly sure how to start this one - I don't think I'm surprised - not really mad as hell - I think the best word to describe this is exasperated.

Reminder - a few weeks ago I made the decision to pay for the towing charge on L's car. She said it had been parked in front of a friends house in Kirkland when it got towed - she needed the car - could I please help her out. A few days after that the towing notice came in the mail and it stated that the car had been picked up at 85th and I405 - don't think there are any houses on I405. I didn't say anything to her about it - I was just confused as to why she would lie about something like that - just really weird - placed it in the file in my mind under unexplained L things in my mind.

This evening Muppet and I went on a short walk to the mail box. In the mail was an envelope addressed to L from the State of Washington Department of Licensing. Good grief - what now! I opened it and was just dumbfounded - brain just kinda couldn't grasp what I was reading. It was an Order of Suspension. This is what the first paragraph stated - Your driving privilege will be suspended for 90 days on November 04, 2009, at 12:01 a.m., for driving under the influence of alcohol or any drug. WTH!! She was pulled over for DUI! I called her and when she answered I asked her - When were you pulled over for DUI? - What?!? - When were you pulled over for DUI? - I don't know. - You don't remember being pulled over? - I don't remember the exact date. I then told her she had received a letter stating that her license was being suspended. Her response was an attitude of - whatever. She told me she would come by at some point to pick up the letter but she wasn't in the mood to talk about it. She denied that it happened on the night her car was towed - I don't believe that. It makes sense that the cops would have had it towed away from the freeway if she had been pulled over for DUI.

So - uh - yeah - not exactly sure what to say. I think my brain is just numb to learning anything more about L. It's been quite the month for new information about her. I think my brain is full now.

De

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

This would fall under the "Mad as hell" category for me. You've done well not helping L too much, only in certain extreme circumstances in hopes she would use the help to find a job, etc. but this would be the last straw for me. A little over 2 years ago a very close family friend of ours, a construction worker working on 405, was killed when a drunk driver plowed through several traffic barriers and struck him. Complete devastation for his wife and then 2 year-old son. DUI is no laughing matter and though the state will give her back her license in 90 days, I'd do all in my power to not help her get back on the road for a long, long time.