Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Week Has Gone By

Wow - I just realized I haven't blogged in a week! Wish I could say that I was just too busy doing so many exciting things but . . . . . . . that's not the case. I've just been working and hanging out with Muppet. But - It has been a week so there are probably a few things I could write about.

L -
  • Her car died last Thursday. Some guy who helped her push it off the road said that her water pump and fan belt were broken and that it would probably cost at least $1K to fix it. I told her to call her Bepa and see if this is something he could help her fix if she was able to buy the parts. Well . . . that would have taken planning and effort so what did she do . . . . . sold it to a guy for $100 and he towed it away. Yup . . . . $100!!
  • She called me Saturday night at 1145 crying saying she couldn't take living with Justin anymore. Not sure what I can do - and she no longer has a car so she can't just leave and go to a friends. She kept saying she was sorry and that she never meant for any of this to happen.
  • Didn't hear from her again until Tuesday when she called me at work to look up a bus schedule for her. While I was doing that she told me she had just bought a brand new pair of shoes . . . . . . the $100 didn't last very long. Haven't heard form her since.

Sports

  • Fantasy Football has been interesting so far. Everyone in our league is 1-1. I lost the first weekend - my opponent had Tom Brady as his QB and dang it . . . he decides to pick up his play at the end of the 4th Qtr which gave Gail enough points to pass me and win. Last weekend I won. I had a 70 point cushion going in to the Monday night game. Josh had Peyton Manning and a WR in Monday's game but they couldn't gain on me. This weekend my opponent is Krystina's team.
  • Those damn Huskies!!!!! WTH!!! I found myself torn while watching the game. I wanted USC to be taken down but . .gosh darn it . . . . did it have to be the Huskies. At least the Cougs won their game too . . . OT!! Means we won't be the worst team ever in Pac 10 history . . . Huskies still hold that record!!

Entertainment

  • I went to Wicked last night at the Paramount Theater. I have been so looking forward to this musical for so long. Everyone has been saying how amazing it was and that they had to download the soundtrack as soon as they got home. I'm not sure if it was because they had built it up so much or if it was because I had read the book and knew the story but . . . I wasn't overwhelmed by it. I mean . . it was good . . .don't get me wrong . . .it's just . . .just . . that it wasn't over the top great!! Of the musicals I have seen in the last year with Lyd I would have to put them in this order 1. Mamma Mia 2. Avenue Q 3. Wicked 4. The Lion King.
  • Fall TV Season is here. Most of the shows I like are premiering this week. I am watching Grey's Anatomy right now. As like last year . . . all my shows seem to be on the same days! They are all bunched together on Mondays and Thursdays. I have a DVR but it only records 2 programs at a time. Tough decisions to be made! lol :P

Muppet

  • She is good. She had a cluster seizure about 2 weeks ago but nothing since. ::knock on wood:: She is on different food now too and she seems to be more playful! I love her dancing and in the morning she bounces to the door!!

Well - I think I'm all caught up. This weekend I will watch the Cougs play the very pissed of Trojans of USC! Yup - we get to play them on their home field the weekend after the Huskies embarrassed them. Fun Fun!

De

No comments: