Friday, September 4, 2009

OMG! WTH!

The last 36 hours have been so stressful and unbelievable - well, should I even say unbelievable - nothing should really surprise me anymore.

It all started with a phone call yesterday - no . . not from L - it was from Justin's Mom - Kim!! OMG WTH! She started the conversation with - I need to talk to you about L - my first thought was what did she do now. Well - Kim was calling me to tell me how L and Justin were fighting again, she didn't know what to do about them, they were loud and she didn't want to get evicted but she couldn't just kick L out. I said - Why not?! Kim - She's just a little girl! I can't put a little girl out on the streets. I can't kick out my own kids and they're older than L. I just can't do that. Me - She can't come back here. She's always found a place to stay before. Kim - As a Mom I just can't see how a parent can kick out their own child. Me - L may be very sweet and like a little girl at your place but that is not the L I know. That L has put me through Hell and I can't have her back in my house. Kim - well, OK, I, I, I just don't know what to do. Oh - and did I say that this call came through on my work phone! Only L could have given her that number. OMG! WTH!

Quite a few calls today from L. She says Justin hit her last night and that she had to leave. She was now in Kirkland - had hooked up with her friend Phil. While she was there her car was towed - she didn't have a change of clothes - how was she supposed to get to her interview at LA Fitness in half an hour. I asked - what was I supposed to do - I am at work trying to close out the month. I ended up doing a bad, bad, thing - I bailed out her car. I know, I know, I shouldn't have done it.

Next set of calls started at around 200 - she had to leave Justin's - had nowhere to go - can't she just come stay at my place tonight. Me - No! I bailed out your car today and I'm not doing more. She's going to have to figure this one out on her own. This was followed by multiple calls - lots of tears and begging. I stood my ground on this one. I just think - that like a mold - if you let her into your house you'll never get rid of her.

This all had left me drained - working hard all week to close in 4 days instead of 5 so we could have Labor Day Weekend - then L Drama - way too much. After work the Finance team went out for Happy Hour - I rode the bus which meant I could partake in the drinkage!! While there - L called - she was going to stay at Justin's again tonight - he promised to leave her alone and she promised to keep her mouth shut.

Then I get home - to a voicemail - from L's friend Kelley - Could I please call her when I got this she wanted to talk to me about L!! OMG! WTH! I called her back. She wanted to know if I had heard Justin hit L last night - did I know what was going on there - she was scared for L - but L can't stay with her because her Mom doesn't trust L (basically how I feel). I told Kelley that L had to work this out on her own - she can't stay here. She wanted to know why? I just told her that I didn't trust L - she had pulled too much crap - and I was no longer going to enable her. Kelley said OK, I told L I would talk to you but I understand. OMG!! WTH!!

I am just so so so tired - so so so drained!! Someone at work suggested I change my phone number!!

Well - I do get a 3 Day weekend. My plans, that I posted on Facebook are as follows:

I think I'll drink, do laundry, drink more, clean out the closets, drink a "titch" more, paint the awful lime green walls in the spare room, stumble to kitchen to make another drink, then decide to "drunk dial" ...all my peeps, take some aspirin and try to find my bedroom!

Last weekend I went to QFC to look for a new beer - Sessions. They didn't have it in a 6-Pack only in a 12-Pack. I thought that 12 was probably just too much to have in the fridge. Hmmmm . . . . . now I am wondering if 12 will be enough!!

De

1 comment:

Colleen said...

If all these people are worried about L getting hit why don't they tell her to go to a battered women's shelter.

If L spent as much time on finding a job and a place to live as she is putting in getting people to call you and beg you to let her stay she would have a job and a place to live by now.