Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Middle of the Week

This has been one of those days!

Work - my computer was slow when I first got there - then the accounting software Great Plains started giving me weird error messages and then freezing up, my printer for check runs jammed up - really jammed up - took me 20 minutes to pick all the little pieces of paper out! Got done with work by 4 so I could get home to do some quick housecleaning - The Musielak family - 5 adults and 2 dogs - are flying in from Texas tonight to stay with me for a long weekend.

Home - nothing really went wrong - just a lot more to do than I thought. My feet hurt from running around! They just texted me at 10 and everyone has landed, they have their rental car, and are on their way here.

Drama - You knew on a day like today that there would have to be some L drama! Let's see - she got another ticket over the weekend - this time for expired tabs. She called on Monday to see if I would write the check if she gave me cash. As long as I get the cash first - no problem! Then - she called me tonight. She started out the convo letting me know that she had a new cell phone number - she finally got one of those pay as you go phones. As we were ending the conversation she says, "By the way, I no longer have a job." - What happened this time. A customer left their purse Monday night and after L worked yesterday there was an iPod and $7 missing - workers there accused L of taking it - told the manager that they saw L by the purse looking in it. Of course, she denies it. I have a hard time believing her though - she has no problem stealing from family - why would she have a problem stealing from strangers. When she told me there were no tears - pretty much no emotion in her voice at all.

The houseful of people should be here soon! I'm going to go make one last look through the house - make sure I have pillows and blankets for everyone - as well as towels.

I did find time tonight to make Lemon Tarts! I will bring some in to work and leave some here for the relatives!

De

No comments: