Thursday, January 17, 2008

Soldiers Angels

Last summer I heard about an organization called Soldiers Angels. People become an angel and adopt a soldier who is stationed in Iraq or Afghanistan and you write them letters once a week and send them a monthly care package. I joined and have been writing a soldier. I just received an email from the organization saying that they have more soldiers needing angels than they have people signing up to be an angel. I feel this is a way I can help out and support our soldiers. Please go to this website: http://soldiersangels.org and click adopt a soldier. My heart just breaks thinking about a soldier stationed far away from family who does not get any mail. They need to know someone is thinking about them. I just write about everyday happenings. They like to hear about your family, hometown, friends, and what you have been up to.

Please Adopt A Soldier!

De

No comments: