Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Update on L

I had already planned on doing an L update tonight - which is probably why something else came up! 

Last weeks issue was a dental problem.  I've been telling her she needed to get her insurance started  through work - she's not on mine and she can get it through work.  Of course, typical L doesn't do it until there's an emergency and it takes 3 weeks for the insurance to kick in.  The dental emergency is a major toothache that just wasn't going away.  I finally got her to go to Bright Now Dental to get it looked at - they have deals for people with no insurance.  So she got it looked at - ends up she has two severely infected teeth - upper molars on both sides in the very back.  They put her on antibiotics, pain meds, and have scheduled her for tooth extraction in August when her insurance kicks in.  They work out payment plans with people - so hopefully she makes the payments and I don't end up having to pay for this.  I did have to pay the $39 for the check up because she had no cash.  I am in debt and it's mostly due to L expenses.  

This kinda rolls right into the weird thing that happened tonight.  L called me when she got home from work - the Landlord was at her house and told L that the owner of the house wanted her mother's phone number to discuss the rent.  L said she told them that I have nothing to do with her rent - that I don't take care of her.  She told me that she is up to date on Rent - that she gets paid tomorrow and will be making her $200 payment towards July.  She told me that she had worked out a payment plan with them because she doesn't get paid enough on one paycheck to cover a months worth of rent so they had agreed to her paying half with each paycheck.  I know - part of me is thinking the same thing - that she either hasn't been making the payments or no payment plan was really ever set up - she just figured if she made the payments they would just go with it.  At least she called to warn me and I had her give them the home phone and not my cell.  Not sure what the owner would expect to get from me - L's 21 - not a minor - I never co-signed the rental agreement - They can threaten to throw her out but they're not getting any money out of me.  I have none to give.  Maybe I should give them her Dad's number - he could step up and help her out this time. 

 Will there ever be a time when she is not a drain on my finances?  I am barely paying all of my own bills - certainly can't pay hers as well.

De

No comments: