Saturday, July 16, 2011

That's So Not Me!

People that know me are going to notice a few things about this post-
  • This post is being written way past my bedtime!
  • I did something spontaneous - which hardly ever happens!
  • I actually left the house and did something on a Friday night!
This morning as I drove in to work I was listening to Jackie and Bender as usual.  Most times on Fridays they will have a comedian who is performing in the area on the weekend come by and sit in with them for a bit.  This morning it was Josh Blue!  He is the comedian from Last Comic Standing with cerebral palsy.  I think he won his season - I find him Hilarious!  When I got to work I looked up Laughs in Kirkland just to see how much the tickets were - $20 - not that bad.  But - I didn't want to go by myself - most of my friends have families so they wouldn't be up for a late Friday night - the show was scheduled to start at 10.  Then it came to me - L has been wanting to go to a comedy club since she turned 21.  So - I called her - woke her up because it was 1030 - she didn't start work until 1.  Asked her if she wanted to go with me and she said "Yes!"

I picked her up when she got off work and we headed to the show!  There were 2 opening comics and then Josh Blue came on.  They were all very funny - which was great seeing as the last show I went to was in Vegas last year and we didn't really get any good comics.  During the second comics act L bumped her elbow against her plate of nachos and made a clanging sound - oh did I mention we were sitting in the very front row right next to the stage!!  Anyways - L made the noise and the comic turned to her and started a whole section on her pushing up to her plate of Nachos with elbows out so no one would take any!  We were laughing so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants!!

I had so much fun tonight!  I will definitely do this again!

De

No comments: