Sunday, July 10, 2011

No Longer Martha . . . . It's De!

I have been quite the Martha Stewart this weekend!  So much so that people will start calling it being a De when they are quite the homemaker!!

Yesterday I got up early and headed to the Farmer's Market - strawberry season is coming to an end and raspberry season has just started.  I was able to get a flat of strawberries and a half flat of raspberries - the strawberries are so ripe that the stall I went to gave me half a flat at half price.  They are very very ripe!  Good thing I planned on using them right away because they would not have lasted past this weekend - in fact, I lost some overnight so quickly finished up today.  Yesterday I made my very first batch of strawberry jam - it was fun and easy - the jam set-up real nice! 

Today I made a batch of raspberry jam and then a batch of wild berry jam - mixture of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries (which I had in the freezer).  They are all set-up and ready to go in the freezer tomorrow.  I had some strawberries leftover so I just made a strawberry-rhubarb crisp to bring in to work tomorrow. 

I have jam coming out my ears now and I still want to make more!  I am going to need a bigger freezer!  I think I will need to give some away - especially before blackberry season gets here!  After I make jam my next project is going to be canning - I will try peaches first I think - then when fall gets here it will be time for applesauce.  I so need a bigger kitchen!

De

No comments: