Friday, June 17, 2011

Staycation!

Well - the plan was to write every day and let you know how my staycation was going but I was having too much fun doing absolutely nothing!!  Well - almost nothing.

Sunday - Family Day!  I spent thew afternoon up in La Conner visiting Mom and Dad - hanging on the patio - having BBQ Burgers and Potato Salad for dinner.  It was lots of fun.  I think Chrissy liked being out on the patio - she was on a leash but still had lots of room to run around.

Monday - Chore Day!  Kinda needed to plan for more than one day for this.  I didn't realize how much crap my closet could hold - and I've been shoving boxes, files, stacks . . . in there for 16 years!  I finally got everything pulled out of there and even pulled the bins out from under my bed.  I think I sorted through everything - now I just need to shred the confidential papers, carry out the other papers to recycling, and straighten up and store the papers that I need to keep . . anyone know how long you need to keep your Tax Returns?  I have so many other chores that needed to be done - need to rearrange my schedule!

Tuesday - Errands Day!  I went to Half Price Bookstore and sold 3 grocery bags of books.  I think the economy has hit them too - I didn't get as much money as I usually do.  I did get enough for movie day though - I think.  While they were going through my books I hung out at the Starbucks and read on my Kindle.  Then I went and got L so she could cash her unemployment check - then we went to Target and then to her house.  Then I went to QFC to get a few groceries and then I went home. 

Wednesday - The original plan was for this to be Lunch with a Friend Day - plans got cancelled though so it became Pajama Day! It was just me, the cats, and Chrissy hanging out on the bed all day.  Hadn't had a lazy day without guilt in a long time!  I did leave the house once - didn't change outta the jammies though!  I went to L's work - went through the drive-thru to give her some Tylenol - picked up some lunch for myself - went back home!

Thursday - Entertainment Day.  It was Three Movies and a Dinner Day!  I started out seeing Super 8  - the new movie by JJ Abrahms and Steven Spielberg.  When a movie gets lots of hype I am usually disappointed - not this time!  It was really good and entertaining!  The actor that plays Charlie in the movie actually live sup here on the Plateau and goes to BLMS!  You wouldn't recognize him though on the streets because he had to gain 50 pounds for the role and he has lost that weight and gone through a growth spurt.  Ohh to be a kid again and not have to worry about trying to lose weight!!   The next movie was Hangover Part II - it wasn't bad - not as good as the first one though.  The last movie was Bridesmaids!  This one was funny!  I had heard it was a Hangover for chicks - not really.  It was better - not as vulgar - and very funny!  I also have a new actor crush - The guy who played Officer Rhodes - Chris O'Dowd!  He's cute and has the best accent!  I looked him up on IMDB to see if I had missed him in other movies - looks like he has mostly done work in England.  After the movies I went to Red Robin for dinner - I couldn't believe how crowded it was!  Then I remembered it was the last day of school - lots of kids out celebrating the beginning of summer vacation.  Luckily there was room up in the bar area so I didn't have to wait for a seat.  Then it got even better when the bill came - This was my tenth meal since joining the Red Robin Rewards Club so the burger was free!! Nice!

Friday - No plan day!  No other name. I took Chrissy for a walk - took recycling down to the bins - played computer games.  At least I got out of my pajamas!   

Now it is the weekend and I have Monday off also - there's just something about coming back from a vacation on a Monday that just seems wrong!  So - three days left - a few more chores to get done - a Ward BBQ tomorrow night.  I could get used to this life of no work!

De

No comments: