Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Long Weekend - Fast Year

Can you believe tomorrow is June 1st - This year has gone by way too fast.

So tonight I am out walking Chrissy - she's doing her thing sniffing around the grass and trees.  Two ladies come walking up and they have a fluffy hyper pup - Chrissy was a little skittish but then went to sniff at the new pup.  The owner then makes a comment that Chrissy looks like a chicken and maybe she's acting that way because she's embarrassed about having no hair!  Really!!!  WTH!  You don't make comments about someone else's dog - especially when you don't even know the person - that's like saying something rude about a strangers baby.  You just don't do it!  I told Chrissy that I thought she was beautiful - even though she does look a bit like a chicken in the back. 

3-Day Weekend was fairly uneventful -

Saturday morning was our Ward Memorial Day Breakfast and Work Party - we cleaned up around the inside and outside of the church.  Breakfast was really good - pancakes, sausage, fruit, orange juice. Yum Yum Yum!!  It made for an early day - had to be at the church at 8.  Got home before noon though and spent the rest of the day being very lazy.

Sunday was church and then hanging at home - doing some chores.  I picked L up from work so she could come up to the house and use my computer - she needed to take her Food Handlers test online so she could get her Handlers Card for work - she needed to take it here because of course it costs money and she needed me to use my debit card. 

Monday I made a stop to see L at work because after everything on Sunday - she forgot her Handlers Card sitting on the table at my house - so I went by her McDonalds to drop it off for her.  Then it was home to do laundry - keep working on my closet - make brownies.  I made brownies for Elder Tinge as I had to say good-bye to him - he's been in our ward for about 8 months - which is a long time for a missionary to be in one place - he is being transferred to a new ward Tuesday.  It is very sad for me - I cried when he came by.  I am going to miss him - he was a gift from God and I am thankful every day that I ran in to him and Elder Brady on the sidewalk back in September. 

This week starts Month End - I think this is why the year has gone by so fast - I just go from one Month End to the next.  I have this week and next then I am taking a Staycation!  I need to use up some vacation time and don't really have anywhere to go so I will be spending it at home.  I did this last year and made each day a different theme - Spa Day, Movie Day, Bookstore Day, Chore Day, Stay in Jammies Day.  I think I will do that again - my feet could really use a pedicure.  I have a lot of books to take to the Half-Price Bookstore - hopefully I can make some money so I can do a few things on my staycation. 

OK - time to head to bed.  Miss Chrissy is curled up next to me on the couch - as soon as I turn the TV off she will be off the couch - grabbing her squirrely - running to my bed for snuggles - then it's time for the crate.  She likes her routines.

De

No comments: