Thursday, May 19, 2011

Crazy Bus Driver

Wow - you all are very lucky that I'm still here!!  I had the craziest bus ride home tonight - I thought for sure I wasn't going to make it.  The driver was just out of control - he was driving so fast that as the bus went the bumps in the road people were literally bouncing out of their seats!  I was sitting in one of the side facing seats - I swear - if there weren't people standing in the aisles I think I would have bounced right out of the seat and onto the floor!  People were looking around - wide eyed - looking at each other - wondering WTH!!!  The bus was really packed too - when we made the stop at the Eastgate Overpass people were asking for the back door to be open so they could get off - yes you pay when you get off but all other bus drivers will open both doors when there are so many people and then they manually count the riders as they walk by and show their bus passes - well, this driver said "NO!  Only the front door is open!"  So people all the way in the back had to try and squish up through all the other standing bodies to try and get up to the front door - it was like fish swimming upstream!  Then it was off for another bouncy ride - this time we got the added excitement of Dead Man's Curve on the Highlands exit off of I90 - hang on for dear life!  Not sure why the driver was in such a hurry.  I was just so glad to be off the bus!

Tonight I did what has seemed to become my regular Thursday Night activity . . . . . . . making a Cheesecake!  I decided to try a slightly different recipe tonight - this one doesn't require me to shut to oven off and leave the door closed for 2 hours - which is a good thing because by the time I usually get to that point I end up having to set my alarm for midnight or 1 in the morning!  Hopefully it turns out OK - it's for work tomorrow - someone in the lunch crew's last day.

De

No comments: