Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day! 

It started with church where during the third hour instead of our regular Relief Society meeting the men in the church prepared a celebration for us.  We went into the gymnasium where they had set out tables with tablecloths and there was a buffet table with salad, rolls, fruit, veggies, crackers, cheese, and a variety of desserts!  While we sat at the tables the young men of the church walked around filling water glasses for us.  It was so nice!  Then they played a video they had put together where the children answered questions about their Moms - then they passed out pictures and letters the kids had made.  I got a letter from the Bishop - seeing as I don't have a child that attends the church.  It was very nice and meant a lot that they would think of me.

After church I had been invited to Brother Bennett's house for Sunday Dinner - which is the midday meal.  He and his wife live in Preston where 3 of their children live with their families - so everyone was there.  It was like a Thanksgiving Dinner - turkey, potatoes, stuffing, etc - it was great food and so much fun to be part of a Family Sunday Dinner.

After I left the Bennett's it was off to get L - she wanted to take me out to dinner.  This was definitely becoming a day of eating way too much!  She took me to Red Robin - it was very nice!  After dinner I took her to Target and got her a birthday outfit - a very cute sundress and sweater.  She will look very cute when she hits the clubs tomorrow after midnight to celebrate her 21st birthday!  Honestly can't believe we've made it this far!

After dinner it was home for The Amazing Race Finale - rooting for my team that I had in first place in the pool . . . . . . I have no luck in these games!!  My team came in third - no one had picked the team that won - but my sister had two teams in the final three including the team she had chosen for first place.  If I hadn't invited her to join the pool I would have won the coveted Travelocity Gnome trophy . . . but noooo . . . she won so I now get to send the trophy down to Texas.  Lost this one - now I just have to hope my picks in Survivor come through.  Come On Rob!!!

Today's sign that I am getting old . . . . . I was walking Chrissy to the mailbox and she was extremely hyper . . . running at full speed until the leash came to an end . . . then flipping in the air and running at top speed back towards me and passed until the leash stopped her again.  Well . . . all that sudden stopping of the leash was jerking my arm - which in turn pulled on my hip because my feet were firmly planted so she wouldn't pull me over - I think my hip popped out!  I could barely climb the stairs to home!  Good Grief!

The best part of my day today - a brief IM Conversation with J! I am having dinner with is family Friday after work - we talked about what I wanted for dinner - then I offered to bring dessert - he said he had read I perfected the cheesecake and would like that - I asked what people would like on their cheesecake and I said I would bring both cherries and strawberries so everyone can top their own.  He said his family would want me to move in!  I said we could be a real Mormon family then and have our own Reality TV Show - then I suggested we could also bring L into the show and film us trying to convert her!  J said we could call it Divine Intervention!  I was laughing so hard!

De

No comments: