Sunday, May 22, 2011

Feeling Old

Well - this has been quite the weekend.  Everything momentous that happened succeeded in making me feel very very old and out of shape.  Two of which were due to Miss Chrissy!!

Yesterday I had to take Chrissy to the groomers - she was a horrible mess - she is very difficult to keep tangle and mat free.  Needless to say - each time she has gone to the groomers has not been a delightful experience.  So when I got her out of the car and started walking her to the door, she got a bit anxious and bolted!  When she bolted I still had hold of the leash and her harness was at the other end!  She didn't back out of it - she literally pulled her front paws in and dove through the front of the harness and away she went across the parking lot - running in quick circles and darting back and forth like she was trying to escape a sniper - I'm running after her - she would stop and then just as I would catch up to her to grab her she would run off again - heading right towards busy Gilman Boulevard - I thought for sure she was going to get hit by a car!  Only thing that stopped her is that she gets skittish around cars - so she stopped and turned around and cowered back towards me.  I am not in shape to be running after a dog in the parking lot!! 

Then this evening I was moving bags out the front door - NWC is coming by tomorrow to pick up donations - when Chrissy squeezed right by me and headed down the stairs.  What was funny - she stopped at the bottom of each staircase and looked to see if I was following her like she does when she's on the leash!  Luckily not as much running was needed - she stopped at the end of the sidewalk.

I carried the donations down to my carport - when I was coming back up the stairs I was hearing a creaking noise - checked the stairs - checked my shoes - then I realized it was my right knee!!  WTH!!  I'm not old enough to have creaking bones!

I won't go into much detail on the last item - needless to say it is something that only happens to girls and I thought you had to be a grey haired old lady - not 46!!

Besides these exciting things I have been working on de-hoarding my house!  I am starting in my closet - I have been pulling items out piece by piece - most of which is now in my carport for donation.  I just keep telling myself that it took me 16 years to accumulate all this junk - it's going to take longer than a weekend to clean it all up. I got a good start - 7 garbage bags of clothes, shoes, and stuffed animals waiting for NWC.

OK - Miss Chrissy and I are heading to bed.

De

No comments: