Thursday, December 16, 2010

Greetings from Texas!

I made it down here safe and sound.  I always thought that if you traveled on an off day things would move quicker at the airport - Nope - took me 45 minutes just to check in with my bag.  I wasn't able to do the self check-in because of Chrissy so I had to get in the Full Service Line - there weren't very many people but then again - there was only one agent working the counter!  Also - this same agent was checking in the First Class Passengers also so every time one of them got in line they got to bypass everyone else!  So unfair!  I finally got everything checked in and then it was off to security - I was a little nervous because they are using the new scanner machines now and if you don't do that then you have a full body pat down - Chrissy saved the day though!!  Because I was traveling with her I was able to go through the old metal detectors!  I guess the new scanners require you to stand with your arms out from your body and I couldn't do that and hold Chrissy at the same time!  Thank You Miss Chrissy!

Miss Chrissy traveled very well - she was quiet on the plane and she stayed sitting in the bag on the drive from the airport to C's House.  She was very excited to see all of the puppies!  It took a few minutes but finally Miss Kara warmed up to her and they started chasing each other around the living room - I am sure the other dogs will warm up to her over the next few days.  Miss Chrissy broke the ice by pooping on the rug!  Stupid dog!  Hopefully she will learn form the other pups that you need to do that outside!  Right now she is back in her travel bag up on the bed next to me going to sleep.  She wasn't thrilled about getting back in it but she has settled down and hopefully will sleep through the night.

OK - Funny plane passenger story!  The gal sitting in the window seat in my row was a first time flier - probably in her mid 20s.  She was pretty quiet the during the ride - towards the end of the flight she was looking through the Sky Mall Magazine.  She pressed the Flight Attendant call button - he came to our row - she held up the magazine pointing to a picture of a necklace and said "I'd like to buy this!"  The attendant said "We don't carry that stuff on the plane" and turned around quickly heading back to the galley! 

We got in a few minutes late and the attendants asked over the PA System for everyone to stay in their seats and to let the people go first who needed to catch a connecting flight as a those people didn't have much time to get to their next gate.  Question:  Why don't people listen to this and do what is asked?  It's not going to make them lose that much time and they still have to wait for their baggage.  People in the front just stood in the aisles blocking the way.  Thing that made me go Hmmmm . . . .really . . . .was the gentleman in the seats in front of me who stood blocking the aisle while texting on his phone was wearing a shirt with an insignia from the group Promise Keepers - Men With Integrity . . .really . . .not showing much integrity right there.

OK - time for sleep - I need to get on Texas time.

De




 

No comments: