Thursday, December 9, 2010

Good Morning

Yes - I am really up this early.  In fact - not just up but ready to head out the door.  I am just waiting for Chrissy to run off some energy because it is going to be a late night tonight - Day 1 of Payroll!  Yeah - I now have 3 Day 1's in a month - 2 Payroll and 1 Month End.  This time around lets hope it doesn't snow!  I would like to be able to get most of this done on Day 1. 

Brother Bennett and his wife came by last night - to start my New Member lessons.  It was really nice.  Brother Bennett is so knowledgeable on so many things. I like listening to him speak.  His wife was nice too - she completely understands being overwhelmed with everything - the people, the suddenly not having Sunday to yourself, trying to remember names, getting your first calling.  Yup - I am meeting with Brother Lyman before church on Sunday to get my first calling - I am hoping for something like working with the little kids or being on the activity committee but we shall see.  I keep telling myself that I won't be given more than I can handle.

Had a "little" disagreement with L last night - she was being rather selfish.  I tested her yesterday to find out when would be a good time to do Christmas before I leave for TX.  She called and said that last night was the only night both her and E had off together so let's do it then.  I said I couldn't because I had people coming over and she said I should cancel - that if it was her she would cancel plans if that was the only night she could do Christmas with her daughter.  I told her it wasn't the only night and started giving her options - none of those were good enough.  I also was leaving work early last night so I could pick her up to take her to get her paycheck and to go cash it.  She got in the car and said the E was mad that we weren't doing dinner last night and might have to do it without him.  Yeah - not sad but mad!  This just kinda set me off and then she said - what kind of people are you having over.  She is rather upset that I am getting a life and not going to be her beck and call girl anymore. 

So question - If you had plans with people - who you had already had to change once before because of snow - would you have called them last minute and canceled just to do dinner with L and E - remember, there are going to be other opportunities to do Christmas and we could always do it after I get back from TX. 

OK - time to head on out to work.

De

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Nope, I wouldn't cancel b/c that is rude! You made the right call :-).

Colleen said...

Nope, I wouldn't cancel either!!