Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Pup and The Kid

First off - I have decided to spell the pups name Chrissy!  She has certainly made herself at home here - she's very comfortable and has figured out how to jump on and over the furniture!  She is moving all of the time.  She has made friends with Buffy - she is very rough and tumble - I sometimes worry that she's going to get hurt because she bites Buffy a little too hard - lots of growling and hissing - so it's hard to tell if they are play fighting or if one of them is really getting mad. 

Chrissy's Milestones in her first week -

  • In one day she figured out how to jump up and over the couch
  • The first night in her crate she did great!  No sleeping problems with her.
  • She went from barking for 4 solid hours on Monday to being able to hang in the kitchen while I was at work and only barking off and on.
  • She weighed 5.8 lbs last week and yesterday weighed in at 6.2 lbs!
  • Wednesday marked her first day peeing outside!!  Yay!!  Mornings were the only time she did this up until today!
  • Saturday we went on our first actual walk out along the sidewalks.  She was a very tired, drenched pup by the time we got back.  A rainy Saturday was probably not the best choice for the first walk.
  • Her favorite toy is her squirrel - which she carries in her mouth and finds hiding spots for.  She's very funny
  • She loves to jump off the couch.  She looks like one of those dogs that jumps off a dock to catch a Frisbee.  No Fear!
Well - as of today my life as I've known it for the past year and a half has changed.  L has moved back in to the condo.  I have reservations about this - I am nervous about how this is going to work.  I worry that she won't ever leave again.  I've gotten use to having this place to myself - I like not having to worry about someone else being in my home.   Well - it will probably give me some blog topics!  First one being that all her crap smells like her apartment which everyone smoked in - so it is now making my living room smell like smoke.  Yuck!!

Well - I need to go get some cleaning supplies for L so she can clean out the spare shower for herself and then I need to find the remote for the TV in her room.

De

No comments: