Saturday, May 15, 2010

Graduation - Birthday

Today was a day of driving!  We left the house at 630 am to head on up to Wichita Falls for K's graduation.  Of course - as with any Musielak road trip - we had to make a stop at Starbucks!  I decided to try a Spinach Wrap Egg sandwich - it was OK - not something  I would order again.  I think it was the sun dried tomatoes on it - Good thing I ordered a 3 Pack of the mini donuts to get the taste out of my mouth!  I then settled in to my book for the 2.5 hour drive.  I read for an hour and then took a nap.

Graduation was nice - a little long - and the southerners and skinny people thought it was cold in there - I was actually very comfortable.  I brought along my iPod and caught up on episodes of Lost during the ceremony.  The graduation program listed the graduates in the order they would be presented so I followed along with the list while I watched Lost so I didn't miss K walking across the stage - She graduated Suma Cum Laude with a Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice.  We are all so proud of her.

The ride home seemed shorter - then at 630 pm we headed to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  Love this place!  You can't make reservations so you have to just get there - get a number - and wait!  So worth the wait though.  This night was especially fun because it was also Colleen's birthday and Linds' bf Jim was able to get the waiters to bring over the saddle and get Colleen to sit on it while everyone clapped and said Happy Birthday!!  How - you may ask - was he able to do this!  Well - he told the waiters it was her birthday but Tony stepped in and told them that they really didn't want to do that.  Tony said it would negatively impact the waiter's tip potential!  Jim said he would double the tip - Colleen agreed that if Jim gave the waiter and extra $40 she would ride the saddle!!  I took pictures but I don't have my connecting cord with me so I will load them up when I get home.

Overall - a very fun day!  Not sure what we are up to tomorrow - Monday I get my new puppy!

De

No comments: