Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm Baaaacccckkkk!!

Wow . . . take some time off from blogging for mourning the loss of a loved one and to deal with some stress that I can't blog about due to some of the causes being blog readers . . . . readers can get a little pissy!  Arrived in Texas yesterday and I got an earful from the Musielak readers about the lack of writing on my blog!

I am in TX for K's college graduation and to get a new member of my family . . . . a cute little puppy whom I think I will call Sophie!


Having a new puppy in the house will definitely give me something to write about.  I am sure life is going to get exciting!

I have tried to keep my blogs posts about what's going on in my life and to not get on a soapbox about issues in the world but . . . . a topic was brought up last night and I realized that I have a bit of an opinion about it.

What do you think about the decision made in AZ to allow the police to stop people to make sure that they are here legally?

I don't have a problem with it.  There is a specific way to come in to this country and to be a legal immigrant.  Is it fair for the legal citizens to pay for benefits for illegals?  They don't pay into taxes and yet they get benefits of government subsidized medical care.  On the news last night I saw people protesting the new law and they were holding signs that said "We Are All Immigrants"  It's not the same thing . . . .we are Legal Immigrants!  Our ancestors came over to America and followed the laws on how to become citizens and to stay here.  The people that this law effects are the ones who are here illegally!!  Why should they get to stay here when they have broken the law!!

What do you think?

De

No comments: