Monday, May 28, 2012

Ugh

Can't sleep. My mind won't shut off - stressed out because L hasn't said anything about a new place to live and she has to move out of her friends place this week because the lease us up. I just have this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'm going to be getting the tearful phone call about how she has nowhere to go. Even though she's known for about 6 weeks that she had to find a place. I just so can't go through this right now.

I already got a glimpse of how it will go - she called me yesterday afternoon from the Folklife Festival because her camera was stolen - yes the one I got her for Christmas. She sat it on the ground and - according to her - just left it for a few seconds! Why would you walk away from something so valuable!! Of course someone is going to walk away with it. She was all full of tears when she called me - but they suddenly dried up when I didn't respond with "Oh honey I'm so sorry. Let me replace it for you." I haven't heard from her since.

Now if I can just hold my ground if the call comes looking for a place to stay. My stomach is going to be in knots all week.

De

No comments: