Friday, June 1, 2012

Starbucks Experience

Starbucks is known not just for their coffee but also for the ability to order your drink in so many different ways so that you can personalize it - someone should remind the barista that I had today in the drive thru of that.

Me - I'll have a Venti Hot Chocolate that is non-fat, lite whip, extra hot, with just 2 pumps of chocolate. 

I drive up to the window - not very busy so I got up to the window as the barista was making my drink.

Barista (speaking to the cashier at the window)  Wow - she's pretty specific about her drink.  Why order a hot chocolate if you don't want the main ingredient.

I wasn't quite up to full snarkiness yet so I kept my mouth shut - what I was thinking though was -Wow, why work at Starbucks if you don't like making personalized drinks.

 I wouldn't have to designate how much chocolate to use if your normal amount didn't result in an overly sweet drink.  Those of you that know me - know that I love chocolate and I like sweets so if something is too sweet for me then it must be really sweet!  Hence - why I ask for only 2 pumps of the chocolate syrup instead of getting the 4 that Starbucks considers the regular amount.

De


No comments: