Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Late Late Late

Late night -  left work at 6 to go pick up L - I needed to take her to urgent care.  This cough she's had was getting worse instead of better - turns out she had bronchitis!  So it was then off to Walgreen's for prescriptions.  Usually Walgreens is really nice - quick, friendly, inexpensive.  So did not happen that way today.

  • wait in line for 15 minutes just to find out if the prescriptions had been called in and to give them L's insurance card
  • walk away only to hear them page L to come back to the pharmacy
  • They were out of one of the ingredients needed to mix up one of the medicines.  Did we want them to forward it to another pharmacy or call the Dr to get a change.  We chose to have them call.
  • Wait for 10 minutes to find out if that worked.  It did and they said everything should be ready in 20 min.
  • Head to Target to do some quick shopping while Walgreen's gets prescriptions ready
  • Spent an hour in Target waiting for L to pick out and try on the dress she wanted to get for her birthday - she did pick out a really cute one! Leopard print with matching shoes
  • Head to the Drive Thru at Walgreen's
  • Wait 15 minutes while they help the car in front of us - then finally it's our turn!
  • Guy asks if L has insurance and we told him yes and that we had already provided all that information when we dropped off the prescriptions.  Didn't matter he wanted to see the card again.
  • Wait 5 minutes while he types around on the computer - finally tells me the price of the antibiotic - $5 then tells me that the inhaler will be $42 and did I still want to pay for that.  Oh gee - No, I'll just let L suffer!!  Of course I'm going to pay for that.  He then starts ringing it up and I tell him that there should be 3 prescriptions.  Oh - let me look.
  • Wait another 5 minutes - he comes back and says they are going to mix that up and it will be a few minutes while they get it ready.  I said "What?!?  We dropped it off over an hour ago."  Well that prescription is going to be $32 and they didn't want to mix it until they were assured that I was going to pay for it!!!  He then asked if we wanted to come inside and wait.  Uh No - we will stay right here in our car.
  • Finally after 10 minutes he gets the total for me - I turn over my credit card - kaching kaching $$$$
  • Now it's off to drive L to the p[lace she is staying in Redmond and then drive back home.
Poor Miss Chrissy was locked up in the kitchen for 13+ hours today.  She was soooooo happy to see me!   Took her outside for a quick walk.  I was finally able to sit on the couch and have a sandwich for dinner at 10:00!!  Of course - I am now wide awake at 11:45 - morning is going to be here very soon - then it will be time to get up and start this whole thing all over again.

I noticed today that when I go to get on I90 using the metered on ramps I look at the number of cars in each lane - make my choice - then look at the other lane to find which car is in the place I would have been - then I watch to see if I made the right decision.  If they get through the lights before me I count how many seconds I would have gained if I chose the other lane!  Does That Make Me Crazy!!

De

No comments: